Strawberry Park Hot Springs – Steamboat Springs, CO
Nestled in the scenic Steamboat Springs, Colorado, Strawberry Park Hot Springs is the ultimate mountain retreat for those seeking a picturesque getaway. Boasting fully developed stone pools along a beautiful creek, the hot springs offer a serene environment to relax and rejuvenate. From rustic cabin stays to scenic shuttle rides, Strawberry Park Hot Springs has something for everyone.
With a plethora of activities to choose from, guests can enjoy heated cabins, vintage train cabooses, and even a variety of massage services. It’s the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and indulge in some well-deserved pampering. Whether you’re looking for a day trip or a longer stay, Strawberry Park Hot Springs promises an unforgettable experience.
The hot springs here are a sight to behold and a great way to relax and rejuvenate. The crystal clear waters are heated naturally by the underground geothermal energy, making them perfect for soaking in after a long day of hiking or just enjoying the scenery. There’s something special about the serene mountain setting that you won’t find at any other hot spring. To make your visit even more enjoyable, consider bringing along some floats, inner tubes, or other water toys to enjoy while soaking in the natural warmth.
When you’re done with your soak, take some time to explore the surrounding area as well. The Yampa Valley Railroad is nearby and offers breathtaking views of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains during its journey from Hayden to Craig.
No matter the time of year, Strawberry Park Hot Springs is the perfect destination for a getaway. In the winter months, visitors can experience skiing, snowmobiling and other winter activities while in the summer months they can enjoy wildflower blooms and miles of hiking trails. For those looking to extend their stay, there are several lodging options nearby including cabins, campgrounds and even a full-service resort.
The park’s shuttle service is a great way to explore more of the area while leaving your car at home. The shuttle will take visitors from Steamboat Springs to Strawberry Park Hot Springs and back again along County Road 36 and then down a dirt road until arriving at the park entrance. Be sure to check road conditions before planning your trip as the road can be closed in the winter months due to snowfall.
Strawberry Park Hot Springs is truly a special place and one that you won’t want to miss out on! So pack up those towels and water bottles, grab your friends and family, and make some unforgettable memories at this beautiful Colorado hot springs.
Natural Hot Spring Pools
There are natural hot spring pools located among the rocks, which are filled with mineral-rich water and covered with sand. These hot spring pools offer a variety of benefits to the body and the coolest pool temperature is around 102°F. Guests can enjoy multiple soaking experiences during the summer, while the nearby pond and creek offer a refreshing heart-pumping plunge during the winter.
If you plan to visit the hot spring pools at night, it’s recommended to bring a flashlight as the area is not well-lit. This is especially important as clothing-optional activities are allowed after sunset. Therefore, it’s crucial to be cautious and aware of your surroundings.
The park offers amenities such as restrooms, picnic areas, and heated cabins and tepees that can be used for changing.
Aside from the hot springs, Strawberry Park also offers additional services such as massages and watsu.
Depending on the treatment you choose, massages can last anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. These services are perfect for those who want to take their relaxation to the next level.
Accommodations at Strawberry Park Hot Springs: Rustic and Unique Options
If you’re planning a visit to Strawberry Park Hot Springs, you’ll have several lodging options to choose from. Whether you prefer a rustic cabin or a unique accommodation like a train caboose, there’s something for everyone. Here are the available options:
– Covered Wagon: This option is available only during the summer and comes with a double mattress and a gas grill.
– Tent Site/Camping: Also available only during the summer, this option comes with a propane grill and picnic tables.
– Small Rustic Cabin: This cabin includes a double futon, gas light, heat, and gas grill.
– Large Rustic Cabin: Two stories tall, this cabin has a full-sized bed and futon, gas light, gas grill, and gas fireplace.
– Train Caboose: A unique option that comes with a gas fireplace, solar lights, bathroom with a shower, and a kitchenette with cookware.
When booking accommodations, it’s advisable to verify online whether they provide electricity, linens, and blankets. To guarantee a pleasant stay, visitors should bring their own food, bedding, flashlights, swimsuits, towels, and suitable clothing for the season. Just a few types of lodging offer access to bathhouses with showers and flush toilets.
It’s worth checking which accommodations have access to these facilities before booking.
Overall, whether you’re seeking a rustic cabin experience or a unique lodging option like a train caboose, Strawberry Park Hot Springs has something for everyone. Just be sure to plan accordingly and read up on the available amenities before booking.
Strawberry Park Hot Springs is a must-visit destination for those seeking a relaxing and rejuvenating experience. But the adventure doesn’t end there! The surrounding area offers an array of exciting activities and attractions to make your trip even more memorable. You can enjoy nearby attractions:
- Scenic Canyon Half-Day Float: Experience the serene beauty of the canyons on this adventure tour. Float down the river, taking in the stunning views, for just $72 per adult.
- Half-Day Upper Colorado River Float Tour from Kremmling: Discover the thrill of rafting on this half-day tour. Embark on an exciting journey down the Upper Colorado River, with prices starting at $114 per adult.
- Winter / Spring Private Rocky Mountain National Park Guided Tour: Explore the breathtaking landscapes of Rocky Mountain National Park on this private guided tour. Prices vary by group size, starting at $165 per adult.
- Raft the Colorado River through Glenwood Springs – Half Day Adventure: Enjoy a thrilling rafting experience on the Colorado River, surrounded by the natural beauty of Glenwood Springs. Prices begin at $67.99 per adult.
- Rocky Mountain National Park Tour – Hidden Valley Sledding Tour: Embrace the winter wonderland with this unique sledding tour in Hidden Valley. Prices start at $87.17 per adult.
- Rocky Mountain National Park Tour – Winter In The Park – Estes Park Guided Tours: Discover the majestic beauty of the park during the winter season with this guided tour, available for $102.56 per adult.
- Private and Personalized Three Hour Morning Tour of Rocky Mountain National Park: Customize your exploration of the park on this personalized morning tour. Prices vary by group size, starting at $120 per adult.
- Inflatable Kayak Half-Day Excursion from Kremmling: Challenge yourself with an inflatable kayak adventure on this half-day excursion. Prices start at $99.39 per adult.
- Full-Day Rocky Mountain National Park “Over The Top Tour” – RMNPhotographer: Immerse yourself in the park’s beauty on this full-day tour, complete with a professional photographer to capture your memories. Prices begin at $174 per adult.
- Half-Day Rocky Mountain National Park “Mountains to Sky Tour” – RMNPhotographer: Experience the park’s splendor on this half-day bus tour with a skilled photographer to document your journey. Prices start at $99 per adult.
- Glenwood Springs Half-Day Rafting Trip: Embark on an exhilarating rafting trip through Glenwood Springs. Prices begin at $69 per adult.
With so many options to choose from, your adventure in and around Strawberry Park Hot Springs is sure to be unforgettable. Soak in the hot springs, explore the great outdoors, and make memories that will last a lifetime.
How To Get There
Getting to Strawberry Park is a breeze, taking just fifteen minutes from downtown. While it’s possible to drive there year-round, it’s important to note that in the winter, it’s best to have 4WD or snow tires. Additionally, the final road leading to the hot springs is unpaved and is not usually plowed, so it’s important to take the necessary precautions.
If you prefer not to drive, there are other options available.
Shuttle services are available year-round from the Steamboat Transit Center by Sweet Pea Tours and Hot Springs Adventures.
These shuttles are a convenient alternative for those who want to avoid the hassle of driving and parking.
No matter how you choose to get there, once you arrive at Strawberry Park, you’ll be rewarded with a breathtaking experience that’s worth the trip. The natural beauty of the hot springs combined with the peaceful surroundings make for an unforgettable experience that you won’t soon forget.
Strawberry Park Hot Springs in Steamboat Springs, Colorado is a must-visit destination for those seeking relaxation and rejuvenation. The natural hot springs resort features numerous hot springs pools, including private and upper pools, as well as a cold water plunge pool for a refreshing dip. To reach the hot springs, visitors should be prepared for a drive with snow tires during winter months due to the icy road. Year-round access to Strawberry Park Hot Springs is available, and guests can stay at nearby accommodations such as Club Wyndham Steamboat Springs.
Getting to Strawberry Park Hot Springs is hassle-free, with shuttle services available from Steamboat Springs. During winter months, it’s recommended to rent a car with snow tires or opt for a four-wheel drive vehicle to navigate the winding hill leading to the hot springs. Once you arrive, the helpful staff and knowledgeable shuttle drivers are always available to assist with any questions or needs.
It’s essential to bring a water bottle along, as drinks are not available for purchase at the park, and there are no stores nearby. Staying hydrated throughout your stay is crucial, especially if you plan to explore the nearby Yampa River Botanic Park. With its stunning natural beauty and endless activities, Strawberry Park Hot Springs promises an unforgettable experience for all who visit.
Address: 44200 County Rd 36, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
Hours: Daily | 10 am – 10 pm
Clothing: Optional after dark
Restrictions: Not pets, no credit cards, no alcohol
Anne loves to explore the world and share her experiences through her blog. She loves to travel to places that are off the beaten path and find unique experiences to share with her readers. She also loves to share tips on how to make the most of a trip, from budgeting to activities. She hopes that her blog will inspire others to explore the world and enjoy the beauty of nature.